Depending on the medical the following tests are carried out:
- Audiogram – Hearing Test
- Spirometry – Lung Function Test
- Urinalysis – urine test
- On-site Drug and Alcohol Test – sample can be sent to Canterbury Health Lab where necessary for laboratory analysis.
- Medicals may require additional investigations. A referral will be arranged if further tests are required.
- All medicals involve taking a Medical History along with a physical examination.
How to prepare for your medical:
- Bring photo ID with you
- Have a drink of water prior to arrival (you will be required to give a urine sample)
- Bring a list of any medications you may be taking
- Bring your glasses or contact lenses if you normally wear these
- For dive medicals please click on the Worksafe website link below and print off and fill out the 5-page questionnaire before coming to your appointment:
Worksafe Occupational Diver Medical Assessment Questionnaire